The VCU Department of Periodontics graduate program participates in the ADEA Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS) program and the Postdoctoral Dental Match Program (MATCH). All applicants are responsible for registering for the PASS and MATCH programs and are responsible for adhering to all the deadline dates associated with PASS and MATCH. The deadline for applications is August 1. A selection committee consisting of the program director and selected faculty screen applications for eligibility. Interviews are by invitation only.
The PASS application will include but not limited to the following:
- Current curriculum vitae or resume
- Official copies of dental school transcripts
- GPA/class ranking forwarded from the dean's office of the dental school attended
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can personally attest to your personal and professional qualities. including at least one letter from an individual who can discuss your periodontal skills
- For international students submit the following:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL IBT) (original copy and minimum score of 92 is required for consideration) or International English Language Testing System (original copy and score of 6.5 or greater acceptable: test must be taken within two years of application date).
Submit an official, detailed, course-by-course evaluation by ECE (Education Credential Evaluators) or WES (World Education Services).
The following supplementary items are to be submitted directly to the VCU Department of Periodontics by August 1:
- Personal statement indicating your interest in the specialty of Periodontics. including information about your experience and career goals (personal and professional) is required
- Check or money order for $50 application fee payable to VCU Department of Periodontics with memo line reading "for application fee"
- 2x2 inch photograph
- Formal application [PDF] (filled out in full)
All supplementary materials must be sent directly to the VCU Department of Periodontics.